Looking forward to your first barbecue session? Safety comes first and so here’s a few tips to keep in mind.
Barbecue cooking can as much be a cause of concern as it is a source of enjoyment. You could end up damaging property as well as lives if things take an unprecedented turn! you can also check best pellet grills under $500 and best pellet grills under $1000
You can avoid the high risks involved in barbecuing by following these simple safety measures.
- Always opt for an outdoor grilling. NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) dictates that propane and charcoal barbecue must only be used outdoors. An indoor grill will lead to high levels of Carbon Monoxides (CO) which can be fatal if unventilated.
- Find a stable, leveled surface to place the grill. Moving outdoors means going at least 10 feet away from your house and avoiding under eaves and overhanging branches. Never leave the grill unattended and do not let your kids or pets anywhere within a 3 feet radius of the grill.
- It is advisable to use a mechanical lighter specific to barbecues in order to light them. A gas barbecue must always be lit with an open lid.
- Be careful about the sparks blown by wind and avoid wearing loose clothing. Maintain a safe distance from the grill while cooking and use long-handled tools to avoid burns.
- Keep your grill clean. Having an unkempt grill not only affects the quality of food but also exposes you to fire hazards. Check for rusted burners. If required, go for a replacement burner which will be readily available in the market.
Visit top pellet grills
- If you are using a gas barbecue, inspect the grill before you begin and get it serviced by professionals once in a while. Perform a soap solution (one part soap, one part water) test on the grill. Apply the solution along the hose and turn on the gas. In case there is a leak, bubbles will appear at the leaking points.
- Venturi tubes, those which connect the burner to the gas control valves need special attention. They often get blocked due to insects or residue, making the flame uneven and dangerous top pellet smoker.
- If you smell a leak while barbecuing, immediately call the fire department. In case the flame goes out while cooking, turn the gas off and wait for at least 15 minutes before lighting it again.
- If you are using a charcoal barbecue, use a charcoal heater or starter fluid to light it. You can also use an electric charcoal grill to avoid playing with fire altogether. Never use gasoline or kerosene to start the fire.
- Make sure that you let the charcoal ashes cool completely before disposing them of. Never put them in a paper bag or garbage; make use of a metal container instead. Alternatively, you can soak the coal in water before throwing it away.
- Lastly, always keep a fire extinguisher and a bucket of water handy, just in case you have to deal with a mishap. In case of a grease fire, spread baking soda over the flames instead of using water. visit https://toppelletsmoker.org